Pages

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Adventure Time!


So, second year has started, and it sort of feels like I haven’t been away (but in the good way!). I've decided that this year I’m going to get more involved, as I didn't do as much as I could have last year...awkward. So I’m looking into volunteer placements at the moment, and I've joined the LGBT society (http://www.suug.co.uk/organisation/LGBT/). Busy times!
Anyways, it’s nearly Halloween – always a fun time to be at university, and always a fun time to live in London, as there is so much going on! The kitchen has been decorated, and my flatmates and I are starting to talk about what we want to do, finally! Looks as though we are doing standard Halloween and either going to Sparrows in onesies, or venturing into Central London for the evening, so that should be a laugh. However, I've come to the conclusion that I am far too short to get away with a scary costume, unless I dress as a doll or something, so I may well be going out as Finn from Adventure Time (see, the title makes sense now!) or Ash from Pokémon, which is always a solid choice.
So, on to work. This year the modules on my course seem much more specific. I’m studying Developmental and Social Psychology, Individual Difference, Research Methods and Brain, Behaviour and Cognition. All sounds pretty scary, but as long as I keep focused on it I’m sure I’ll be alright. The seminars seem much more discussion based than last year, which I’m rather enjoying. I've also gotten to know a fair few people in each seminar group over the last year, so I’m getting more and more confident at this talking in front of people thing!

So, all in all I’m enjoying every aspect of the year so far and assuming I stay focused, I should do well…
… assuming I don’t get distracted by the new episodes of Made in Chelsea. Drama!


No comments:

Post a Comment